You may say to yourself, "My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me." But remember the Lord your God, for it is He who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms His covenant, which He swore to your forefathers, as it is today. If you ever forget the Lord your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed.
Deuteronomy 8:17-19

Monday, August 27, 2012

Intersection


Intersection is a free 6 inch crochet square pattern with devotion about our intersection in life.
 
Tested and edited by two super special ladies J Bekah Doughty and Carmen Carpenter.
Difficulty: Intermediate
Hook: H or I depending on how tightly you crochet
Abbreviations:
beg- beginning
ch-chain
dc-double crochet
hk-hook
lp or lps-loop or loops
sc-single crochet
sl st- slip stitch
sp or sps- space or spaces
st or sts- stitch or stitches
tr- treble crochet
yo- yarn over


Pattern Notes - This may be a difficult pattern to follow as we are going from one rnd to the next in different stitches- so I put in the colors that I used with this one- green and white and put pics in to help J Please make sure that you use the same weight yarn with both of your colors- or it may turn out a little wonky. While doing the rnds, push the last rnd that you did to the back, as with most rnds you will be working not in the rnd before, but two rnds before- color on color in most cases; white on white and green on green, don't worry- it will all tie in at the end.
 
Begin J
With Color A(green), Ch 4. Sl st to beg ch to make ring. I would not recommend a magic loop for this.

Rnd 1- Ch 3, 3 dc in ring, *ch 3, 4 dc in ring* repeat this 2 more times, ch 3, sl st to top of beg ch 3. Fasten off Color A.(16 dc, 4 ch-3 sps)

Rnd 2- With Color B(white) sl st into the same spot that you fastened off Color A, Ch 3, dc in next 3 sts(first corner made), *ch 3, tr around the ch-3 sp from rnd 1 and into the center ring(pic 1)pulling the stitch tight, ch 3, **dc in next 4 sts* repeat from * to * 3 more times ending at the ** on the final time sl st to top of beg ch-3. Fasten off Color B.(16 dc, 8 ch-3 sps, 4 tr)

Picture 1 for Rnd 2                                                                            Finished Rnd 2

Rnd 3- With Color A(green), sl st to any fourth dc from rnd 1(which is green) (pic 2), ch 4 * 2 tr in Ch-3 sp from rnd 1 (directly to the left of the st you just made, but to the right of the tr from rnd 2. Ch 1, 2 tr in the same ch-3 sp but on the left of the tr from rnd 2. Tr in the next st from rnd 1. Ch 1, dc in the next 2 sts of rnd 2 (which are the first two dcs of the corner) ch 2, dc in next 2 sts, Ch 1, ** Tr in fourth dc of the corner of Rnd 1,* repeat from * to * 3 more times ending at ** the final time,  sl st to top of beg ch-4. Fasten off Color A. (24 tr, 16 dc, 12 ch-1 sps, 4 ch-2 sps)

Picture 2 for Rnd 3- sl st to corner                                              Finished Rnd 3

Rnd 4- With Color B(white), Sl st into the second dc of corner of Rnd 2, ch 3(which is also white).* Ch 2, dc in next dc from rnd 2, ch 2, 2 dc into the ch-3 sp of rnd 2, ch 3, dc into tr from rnd 2, ch 3, 2 dc into the ch-3 sp of rnd 2, ch 2,** dc into second dc of corner from rnd 2, *  repeat 3 times ending at the ** on the final time. Sl st to top of beg ch 3. Fasten off Color B. (28 dc, 12 ch-2 sps, 8 ch-3 sps)

Rnd 5- With Color A(green)* sc in any corner ch-2 sp, dc into the next 2 dc from rnd 3(which are green), ch 2, dc into the next 3 dc from rnd 3, ch 1, dc into the next 3 dc from rnd 3, ch 2, dc into the next 2 dc from rnd 3, *repeat from * to * 3 more times, then sl st to beg sc. Fasten off Color A. ( 4 sc, 40 dc, 16 ch-2 sps, 4 ch-1 sps)         

Rnd 6- With Color B(white) Sl st in any corner from Rnd 4 enclosing the sc from rnd 5(you will not see the sc from rnd 5 when finished)ch 3, 4 dc in same corner sp,* sc in next 2 sts of rnd 5, dc into the next 2 dc of rnd 4, sc in the next 3 sts from rnd 5, dc into dc from rnd 4, sc in the next 3 sts from rnd 5, dc into the next 2 dc of rnd 4, sc in next 2 sts from rnd 5, **5 dc into the corner sp from rnd 4 * repeat from * to * 3 more times and end at ** the final time.  Sl st to top of beg ch 3. (50 dc, 40 sc)

Rnd 7- Depending on your hook size, yarn, and/or tightness of your crochet- you may choose to do a row of Color B(white) hdc or sc in each st with a (hdc, ch 2, hdc) or (3 hdc) in each corner.

                                                                          Finished square J

Hope that you have fun with this square- if you have any problems or questions with this square, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

© Copyright August 2012 by Cynthia Boylan, all rights reserved. This pattern, in whole or part, may not be reproduced – mechanically, electronically, or by any other means, including photocopying -- without the written permission of Cynthia Boylan. Projects made from this pattern may be gifted, swapped or sold. If you use this pattern to sell items on the internet, kindly credit Cynthia Boylan as the designer.

Intersection

Let me tell you a little bit of my story- my intersection or the crossroads in my life. 

I was not raised a Christian, not really.  My mother had tried to take us to church- but we and my father were pretty apathetic about it all, and so she gave up trying. We were a “good” family, just not really Christian.  My father used to be a police chief so we all obeyed the laws but I grew up pretty ignorant of God’s Ways or of the Bible. We were a very happy family that had quality family time camping and fishing- but there was always something missing for me.

After a family crisis in my teens- I became wild and did what I wanted.  I drank and spent time with boys. I was still responsible in some ways- I held down a few jobs and paid all of my own bills.  I spoke to my parents with respect- and still loved to spend time with family- but I was still searching for something. A few times when friends would talk about church, I would ask them to take me along with them.  They would always decline to, as I would have been an embarrassment I assumed for them to bring me to such an ordered house of worship.

I finally ended up meeting someone that was willing to bring me to church.  I knew immediately once I was in the presence of God that I had come to an intersection in my life.  I could either go down the “Path of Promiscuity” or the “Path of His Promise”.  I had been traveling the “Path of Promiscuity” and it was only a path of regrets and pain, so I decided to travel with Him on the “Path of His Promise” and believe in Jesus.  It was amazing what His love did to me.  He filled every void, every nook and cranny that I had been seeking to fill.  I marveled at all of the Bible stories that I had never heard- Jonah and Daniel, Moses and Esther.  Acts 2:28 “You have made known to me the paths of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence.”

You may ask me what “Promise” that I speak of.  His Word is His Promise and is full of things dear to every one of us- why we were created, the history of mighty things that the Lord has done, classic instruction, as well as the promises that He makes to us;  Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Oh- I still have gone through pain, but now I have a Shoulder to cry on, and a Hand to hold; Someone that I can tell my deepest and darkest fears to and be comforted by His Words of love and devotion- my Lord.

If you feel you are at a Crossroads or Intersection in your life, that you are tired of traveling on a road that seems to lead to nowhere, make the choice today to change your path and accept Him as your Savior and walk hand in Hand with Him on “His Path of Promise”.

This website(http://contenderministries.org/romanroad.php) contains what is called the “Roman’s Road” or a chain of Scriptures to change your path and start walking with Him. Included Scriptures are Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,”

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His own love for us in this; While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

Romans 10:13 “for, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’”

Romans 10:9-10 “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.”

Revelations 3:20a “Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. ..” Is He knocking on the door of your heart?

Here is what is called the “Chain of Forgiveness” that will help you to knowing true forgiveness. (I have these references written in the front of my Bible). Although I had regrets and pain plenty before- I no longer feel ugly or ashamed for the things that I have done.

1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.”

Ephesians 1:7 “In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace

Psalm 130:4 “But with You there is forgiveness; therefore You are feared.”

Psalm 103:12 “As far as the east is from the west so far has He removed our transgressions from us.”

Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions, for My own sake and remembers your sins no more.”

Micah 7:19 “You will again have compassion on us; You will tread our sins underfoot and hurl our iniquities into the depths of the sea.”

2 Corinthians 10:5 “We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”

I would SO love to hear from you.  All of the comments come to me before being published, so drop me a note that either you want to be seen by others- or you can tell me not to share it- but would love to know if this has helped you J

Download the pdf here.

1 comment:

  1. I love looking at your new patterns and look forward to the day I can figure out how to do them.
    I admire you for being so transparent about your past, it couldn't have been easy.
    We are blessed to be forgiven and washed whiter than snow!

    ReplyDelete